יום רביעי, 9 בנובמבר 2011

I have a philosophy in life: if you have difficulties-deal with them!
I work as an assistant to students with sentimental problems that reflects their learning abilities.
I experience, unfortunately, a lot of frustration from those students, not because they have  troubles in life, god forbid, and not because they are not good students. On the contrary, they respect their friends and teachers.
Then why? I sit with my students in the classroom, or I take them out and teach them one-on-one. I tend to think it is useful and helpful in their learning process. However, I feel that almost in every lesson that they don't try enough, that they wait for me to serve the answers on platter of silver. I don't like that at all. To be honest, it gets on my nerves.
What happened to trying? making an effort? experiencing? daring? Is it just this  specific generation that got used to instant processes (if you can call it a process), or maybe they are very lazy?
As a student, I can tell that of course there are times when I want to skip some steps in my learning but it never happened. And by looking back, it is a good thing, it is part of my growth.
I had a small debate with another teacher, and she told me that it is too bad that the professional schools were closed. She said that there are many students that don't fit in the education system as it is today. "They cannot learn", she said, "it is too difficult for them." 
So, I raise the question again: Can't they really learn or are they are too sloth to learn? I think that in most cases, the answer is the second one. Yes, they wait for us (grownups, teachers, parents) to give them the answers. I'm sorry, though, I am going to teach the other way, it may be harder and longer, but it worth it!

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה