יום חמישי, 17 בנובמבר 2011

Writing a blog is not an easy job. This I can tell you.
After I posted my first entry, the second seems to be harder (What will be in the third and so on…?)
However, two movies that I saw lately connect me to the subject that I posted last week and made me write what I am about to write.
The two movies called, "Love and Other Impossible Pursuits", and "A Little Bit of Heaven", are new movies that were published last year. The first movie is about a woman that gave birth to her first baby, but the baby passed away three days after she was born. The movie follows the woman trying to deal with her loss and with her depression. The second movie is about a young lady that tries to deal with her life after she found out she has a cancer.
I don't want to write about the quality of the movies (though I think the first was better); I want to talk about their common lesson.
Both movies deal with the existential question of life and death. However, they present two different ways of dealing: depression and bitterness, on one hand, and completion that leads to happiness, as far as possible, on the other. Because I review movies and not someone's personal life, I can criticize them from my own perspective. While the director (or script writer) of the first movie choose to present the loss and difficulties of the main character as painful and unbearable, the angle of the second movie is humoristic and tries to combine sadness along with happiness and gratitude. Two lessons I learn from these two movies: one, each of us has the power of choice that was given us by god. Each of us can choose their path to walk through, in good times or in bad. Second, I think that we need to thank and more appreciate our lives: our health, our families, our friends, our jobs, and the list keeps on growing. That way, our present will be better and we'll be able to deal with the surprises that lives throw at us. These two random movies made me realize that sometimes the questions that we need to ask is not "why", but "how". Not "why my life/job/myself the way they are, but "how do I deal with it and how I make this better". As the famous writer, Dale Carnegie once said: "When fate hands you lemons, make lemonade.”

  

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה